Advising Information for Biology and Environmental Science Majors
- You will need to be advised each term in order to receive the "alternate PIN" number that will allow you to register for classes using WEBSTER.
- Make an advising appointment early--October for Spring term, March for Fall and Summer terms. Then when registration opens, you'll be ready to go!
- Please be aware that you need to make an appointment to see the appropriate advisor listed below and this is best done by email.
- Include in your email specific information about what days and times of day you can meet with your advisor and any general questions that you may have.
- Your advisors are here to help you schedule the classes you need to earn your degree and prepare for the next step in your career. But ultimately this is your degree--you are responsible for the choices you make and the courses you sign up for! Know your degree program and requirements, and keep track of your progress.
Biology-Secondary Education: This includes Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Students. Bring your file from the education advising office with you to your appointment.
Second degree (in biology), double major (one major is biology) and biology majors that don’t fit into any of the below areas (biology majors only). Also, people who are minoring in biology.
Biology Degree Concentrations:
Biology Health Sciences Concentration (BIHS) students are assigned alphabetically by last name:
General Biology (BIGN) students are assigned alphabetically by last name:
Molecular Biology (BIMB)
Public Health & Microbiology (BIPH)
- Dr. Pete Haddix, 311B Goodwyn Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org. Students interested in Medical Microbiology and Public Health should see Dr. Haddix.
- Dr. Ben Okeke, 310V Goodwyn Hall, email@example.com. Students interested in Applied Microbiology and Environmental Microbiology should see Dr. Okeke.
Environmental Science Degree Environmental Science Degree, Biology Department Concentrations (BIES and ENSC):
- Dr. John Aho, 015 Life Sciences Annex, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Rosine Hall, 016 Life Sciences Annex, email@example.com
- Dr. Karen Stine, (Health and Toxicology concentration), 209J Goodwyn Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org
For other questions on advising, contact the Biology Departmental Office,
301 Goodwyn Hall, 244-3316.